The village of Chã, in the district of Vila Real, in the region of Tras-os-montes is located on the banks of the Pisões reservoir in the north of Portugal.
This village is found in a privileged area of great beauty that conserves its rural essence. Archeological remains found in the area, like the ancient path that crosses through, serves as proof of a possible Roman presence.
Due to the lack of documents, there is no written mention of the village until the latter part of the 18th Century where it states that the village depended upon the Convent of Santa Clara of Vila do Conde. It is known that this convent was an abbey until 1839 when the properties began to form part of the province of Chaves.
The church of San Vicente, declared a National Monument in 1910, still conserves part of its Romanesque dimensions and its construction dates back to the 9th Century. The building is one of the few Portuguese churches that have a doubled aisled nave.