Pobladura de Aliste, situated to the west of the province of Zamora, is found in the valley formed by the river with the same name as the region. The place name has mozarabe origins and is associated with the river Esla and it appears in a document from the 9th century under the denomination of Alisti.
The history is uncertain. However, there are sites nearby from the Iron Age such as in the villages of Viñas, Camilones or Peña Marina. There are some remains and documents that refer to subsequent time periods.
The Church of Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, despite being reused in Modern times, conserves some Romanesque elements. There is an inscription on the church that could date back to 1082, where it refers to the construction of the building. It is probable that the church was built with the purpose of uniting the scattered groups of settlements in the area into one village.
In 1459 Enrique IV awarded the Count of Alba de Aliste to Enrique Enríquez de Mendoza,in the municipality of Losacino, the center of the jurisdictional domain.
There are also numerous water mills along the river and some of them are operative today.
It is also possible to visit the abandoned railway station La Torre de Aliste. It was the last station to give service to the railway line that passed through Zamora.