Santa Leocadia is a municipality in the town council of Chaves that is located high in the Brunheiro mountain range.
The church of Santa Leocadia is one of the oldest churches in Chaves. The exact date of the church is unknown but it probably dates back to the end of the 13th Century. It is mentioned in a royal document dated in 1264. There is an amazing mural painting from the Renaissance period still in a good state of conservation in the interior. Also noteworthy is the baptismal font and three Baroque altarpieces. At the foot of the church, on the exterior, there is an inclined monumental stone cross.
While the church was being restored, a Roman wall was revealed which gives evidence to settlements before the construction of the church. In 1961, it was declared a Site of Public Interest.
In the other villages that form part of the municipality, there are typical and traditional buildings such as large ancestral homes.